10. Red Wine Blends
I absolutely love the crimson blends that are sexy, full-bodied and a little bit smoky, sometimes with subtle notes of chocolate or cherry. I keep a bottle of Rouge by Clos du Bois on my wine rack in the fall and winter. It’s usually open and at least halfway empty.
9. Pink Pearls
My pink pearl earrings were given to me as a Christmas gift. Classic. Wearing them helps me remember to cross my legs at the ankle and sit up straight in public. Thanks again, Gina.
8. The Stress Relief Aromatherapy Collection from Bath and Body Works
I soak in the tub until I turn into a prune because I’m in love with all those bubbles. I’m an overgrown seven-year-old. It’s ridiculous.
7. A good pair of thick, fuzzy holiday socks.
My favorites have Dr. Seuss characters on them, but it’s becoming increasingly more difficult to find socks that feature the Grinch.
6. The movies The Martian, Straight Outta Compton and Avengers: Age of Ultron. It’s a three-way-split tie. But then again, I haven’t yet seen Creed or Joy.
5. Poetry by the late Dr. Maya Angelou. God doesn’t give her kind of talent to many. I read a little bit of Wouldn’t Take Nothing for My Journey Now every week.
4. The clam chowder at Spondivits in Atlanta. With cheese. It’s an addiction but I have no intentions of quitting.
3. Ghirardelli chocolate squares. Any of them will do, but especially if it’s the dark chocolate with sea salt and almonds. I fall in love every time it touches my tongue.
2. The Travis Greene song called Intentional. It reminds me of how awesome God is and how everything will work together for your good, if you let it.
You’ve been by my side, reading and enjoying my thoughts, my short stories (and sometimes my rants) and finally celebrating the release of my debut novel with me for one year now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Happy birthday to us.
Wishing you a prosperous, happy, healthy and whole New Year,